Celebrate The Dream-Year End Giving 2013
A YEAR END GIVING Campaign and MEMBERSHIP DRIVE!
The Museum At Warm Springs and The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs have been on a Journey preserving, advancing, and sharing our culture, traditions, and artistic heritage with visitors from around the world. We are in the business of caring for and sharing our culture in a way to contribute positively to the community and the surrounding region. In appreciation and in support of our mission, visitors from around the world help The Museum by becoming Members, supporting our events, and donating to the cause to preserve and share. The Museum houses our history and living traditions and while in partnership with elders and the community, we have progressed on this remarkable Journey to educate the world of our existence and prosperity.
Become a generous member of the Museum today at this special introductory rate of $25. And remember, because we are a Non-Profit, you get a generous tax break back during tax season. It’s Easy! Or better yet, because The Museum At Warm Springs is a Member of the Oregon Cultural Trust, donate to both and you as a OREGON Resident can receive a Tax Credit! Visit culturaltrust.org/donate.php for more information. Together, we can continue this Journey of sharing, serving, and educating visitors from around the world.
We are digging deep to contribute what we can with less than ever before, and we are asking you to join us in this important effort.
Many of us don't know this, but The Museum is an award-winning facility in need of maintenance to remain in beautiful condition. We are offering a special membership introductory rate to help in caring for this tribal member owned facility. The extended benefits of a Museum Membership include:
Monthly electronic updates Recognition on our world wide website Special invitations to Museum Events and opening receptions 10% discount on all Museum shop purchases
Like many entities, we too have cut our already lean operating expense budget by approximately 20% (staff doing more for less while stretching every dollar as far as possible), and seeking donations from generous associates, contributors, and friends for assistance in this important Journey.
In spite of difficult economic times, we are pleased to share positive developments and news! We have:
1. Obtained adequate funding for exhibits and continue providing a world-class experience for members and visitors.
2. A new Master Plan for the Permanent Exhibit we are working on.
3. The outdoor Twanat Trail in development, a collective vision of friends and supporters of The Museum.
4. The Warm Springs Canoe Project and Family, now titled N'chi Wanapum (Big River People), has received regional praises for the its success and positive outreach efforts.
5. The expanded marketing efforts of The Museum have grown tremendously to include online social networking, community interaction, promotions, graphical presentation, and expanded online presence.
6. Made improvements to our website (www.museumatwarmsprings.org) and development systems to better serve our members.
7. Introduced a new online newsletter to keep you better informed about Museum activities via email.
8. Updated our lighting and sound throughout the Permanent Exhibit and Gallery
9. A Board of Directors who approved and finalized a strategic plan that was supplemented by new business and development plans.
These actions have helped to ensure that The Museum At Warm Springs is able to address future needs and sustain the organization for generations to come – the essence of our mission.
Oregon is fortunate to have the high quality, moving experience provided by The Museum at Warm Springs. We are more than a museum: we are a living history and a repository for the culture that once spanned across our state from the crest of the Cascade Mountains east to the Blue Mountains, and from the Columbia River south beyond present day Bend, OR.
In honor of your gift, youth of Warm Springs have created a hand-made token, representing the spirit of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs that we will send to you in appreciation of your beautiful gift.
Please feel welcome revisiting The Museum At Warm Springs, calling us at 541-553-3331, or emailing: email@example.com
On behalf of us all as Tribal Members of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, whose past we honor and preserve, and whose future we dream, thank you for your kind generosity.
P.S. For information on business memberships, please visit our website at www.museumatwarmsprings.org.
Any donation amount will help us meet our current needs, and we look forward to sharing membership benefits with you at any level you choose. Thank you.